Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Saving the Day

In my life recently, I have been given a couple opportunities to "save the day." Most of the time these opportunities involve hard work, sacrifice, and lots of time. But sometimes... just sometimes... I am presented with the opportunity to save the day quickly, with almost no hard work or time investment. And the best part? The feeling of satisfaction is JUST AS AWESOME.

Yesterday as Bart and I were driving down Hillsboro, with its notoriously thick traffic, I spied a laptop. Yes, thorugh my amazing powers of sight, I saw a laptop. But not just any laptop, this circus-aspiring laptop was balanced on the edge of the bumper of the SUV in front of us. I scared the living daylights out of Bart as I hopped out of the car at an intersection to grab the computer and take it up to the driver. Entire experience: 15 seconds. Entire effort: walking 15 feet. Look on some stranger's face when he realized where he had left his computer: kinda funny, and also priceless.

The best part of this whole 15 seconds? It made MY day to save the day. Even though I didn't really do anything, I was in the right place at the right time, and I happened to notice a problem at a time when I could fix it. No joke, it totally made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment